[jcifs] JCIFS 0.9 Objectives

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Feb 12 03:08:50 GMT 2004

Sylwester Lachiewicz said:
> Hi Michael,
> what you think about direct use something like log4j/commons-logging and
> commons-lang (NestableException) ?

I don't think so. The Log changes are to reducing and simplifying logging.
I think using log4j would be a little overkill for us. The jar is ~150K.

I think I'm just going to get rid of timestamps, replace the mask business
with a simple log level (a number), try to weed out extrainious log
statements, move the hexdumping thing into a separate class, and
genereally try to think of where there should and should not be log
statements. Nothing serious.