[jcifs] JCIFS 0.9 Objectives

eglass1 at comcast.net eglass1 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 12:22:26 GMT 2004

> Switch to Eric's build.xml and enhance as necessary.

As promised previously, attached is a reworked build.xml.  I tried to capture
the intent of the original in most respects; the items that might need some
tweaking include:

1) The Javadoc stuff.  This was kind of funky, and I wasn't entirely clear on
   how to make it work as intended (the original version doesn't seem to work
   properly with newer Ant versions).  This one just builds a vanilla
   documentation set.

2) Carriage return/line feeds.  This converts text files to DOS-style for the
   .zip, and Unix-style for the .tgz.  I think this was the intent in the
   original as well, but it might need to be looked at to make sure it works
   properly.

> Add support for jcifs.netbios.wins2 property to specify secondary WINS
> server. Also explore the failover of errant domain controllers if that is
> related to the mechanism used for triggering the switch to the secondary
> WINS server.

Another suggestion might be to use the existing "jcifs.netbios.wins" but parse
for a comma- or space-separated list of servers, i.e.:

    Config.setProperty("jcifs.netbios.wins", "10.10.2.20,10.10.3.21");

> Generally clean, refactor, reduce, etc, etc, etc, ...

One cleanup that could be done would be to pull out the writeInt2, writeInt4,
etc. from ServerMessageBlock and put them in a public class (possibly in
jcifs.util); that stuff is pretty much duplicated in the NTLM messages
currently.

Eric