[jcifs] Property Inconsistencies (Davenport)

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Feb 10 08:53:01 GMT 2004

Mike McDonald wrote:
> It appears that I can likely fix this problem (as suggested by Julian) by not
> returning bogus dates and returning 0 for the getcontentlength property.  I'll
> try that and will keep you posted.

The best thing to do here for the WebDAV protocol handler is not to
return values it doesn't have. This includes zero timestamps and content
lengths and etags for collections as well.

I'd also recommend not to compute any of Microsoft's proprietary
properties such as iscollection (see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webdavfaq.html#ANSWER-mswebfolder-proprietary-properties>),
they aren't used anyway. Finally, returning DAV:displayname only makes
sense if the displayname is really different from the last path segment.
Don't return it unless this is the case.

Regards, Julian