[jcifs] RAPs, RPCs, and API Design

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Feb 6 16:35:54 GMT 2004

I don't want to hang on too tightly to the past (any more than Microsoft
does) but I do believe that support for legacy CIFS features is important.
That includes support for NBT, RAP, mailslots, etc.  All current versions
of Windows still support this legacy functionality.

I also know, from my experience at "the office", that there are still a
lot of folks who are reluctant to give up their Win9x & ME systems.  In
addition, Windows XP-Home still relies on "old style" Windows networking.

Creating a RAP class (that can be loaded 'optionally') would be a nice bit
of leverage, and it would be good to just check it off of our 'to do'
list.

Just my 2cents.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org