[jcifs] Pop up message over smb??

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Feb 4 20:21:48 GMT 2004

Duncan, Scott said:
> We are implementing transparent authentication in one of our application
> against a windows domain.  In our local environments, everything works
> great.  However, when we moved this over to our development environment, a
> pop-up box appears asking for username password and domain.  Any ideas as
> what is causing this and how to get around it?

This means it's just not working. Somewhere between the jCIFS filter and
your domain controller authentication is failing. When IE tries NTLM HTTP
authentication and it fails that Network Password dialog appears. Check
your settings. Check everything. Get a packet capture[1].

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html