[jcifs] WINS lookup

Joel Smeby otherstuff at eaglecomputech.com
Tue Feb 3 21:31:27 GMT 2004

I currently have a Java application that queries an Active Directory domain and
returns user/group information.

I also need to return user/group information from the WINS domain on our
network.

The LDAP API does not support WINS connections.  I assume that I need to run
the query against the WINS domain via netbios or an RPC command.

However, I have very little knowledge about networks at this level.

I have been doing a lot of searching on the web and have not found any helpful
information.

Is there any way to accomplish this using jcifs or any other Java API?

Thanks in advance,
Joel