[jcifs] Re: NtlmHttpFilter

Pittur einarorn at msn.com
Wed Feb 4 09:14:05 GMT 2004

Michael B Allen <mba2000 <at> ioplex.com> writes:

> I don't know why this wouldn't work. I suspect there is something about a
> strict AD environment that is incompatible with jCIFS. When it comes to
> authenticating arbirary credentials against a domain controller jCIFS is
> the technical equivalent of Win98. All it does is create a session to IPC$
> with the users credentials. If that is disabled in favor of AD jCIFS will
> not work. Perhaps there's some kind of compatability mode. But I don't
> know anything about AD.
>
> Mike

Well the funny thing is that I get Access denied in only 5% of the time I try
to authenticate. In other cases this works fine and until we updated to 2003
server everything was fine. Another funny thing is that a user can try to log
on at one minute and gets acces denied and then he tries again in 5 minutes
and everything works fine.
This is very frustrating.

Pittur