[jcifs] NTLM and Tomcat

Mike Bennett mkb137 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 21:15:08 GMT 2004

I'm trying to use jcifs 0.7.3 with tomcat 5.0.18 to do
NT authentication with our company's network.

Using the example code given in the FAQ, I can make
jcifs authenticate with the server.  When I combine it
with Tomcat, when a web page is accessed (with IE), it
asks the user for domain, name, and password.  The
server communicates with the domain controller, but
only a blank page is ever returned to the browser.
Can anyone see the problem?  How can I get access to
jcifs error messages or logs to see what's going on?

Thanks.