[jcifs] URLConnection

Navin Kumar navin.kumar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 02:18:51 GMT 2004

I've had to alter the 1.1.5 source (thank god for open-source) to
acheive what I thought would be basic... that is, (new
URI(smbstring)).toURL().openConnection().getOutputStream();
unfortunately, SmbFile inheriting from abstract URLConnection does not
override the "not supported - derived class has not overridden me"
[paraphrased] exception thrown by URLConnection.

It was simple to fix, copying the getInputStream method in
jcifs.smb.SmbFile and s/InputStream/OutputStream/g fixes it.  It's
stable and works on my side (win2000 & linux) -- is there a way
someone can put in this change or anyway I can merge it in?