[jcifs] NTLM HTTP Authentication: Strange scenario

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Dec 10 19:32:54 GMT 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:43:13 +0800
"Guofeng Zhang" <guofeng at radvision.com> wrote:

> When IE pop up the Windows login dialog box, if an incorrect login
> in/password is input, our application will send a form-based login page

I do not understand. We do not support the form based approach you are
using. Perhaps that was a modification performed by the JBoss people in
which case you might ask them. This does not sound like a technical problem
with the filter itself. You need to understand how NTLM HTTP authentication
works [1] so you can devise an appropriate method for doing what you want.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html#proto

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.