[jcifs] Re: directory must end with '/'

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Dec 10 08:20:33 GMT 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:32:21 -0600
"Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:

> - The RFCs I've been reading keep talking in terms of the slashes
>   being "before" the path segments.

RFC grammers are designed to be very precise about syntax. Our
pseudo-grammer is not precise about syntax. It is designed to be a
quick-guide to the user and as such I believe the pseudo-grammer should
emphisize semantics rather than syntax. Because of pracitcal programming and
useability reasons, Base URIs need a trailing slash. Therefore we should
favor the pseudo-grammer form that includes trailing slashes after path
components.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.