[jcifs] FW: Davenport Authentication Question

Mike McDonald Mike.McDonald at anywaregroup.com
Wed Dec 8 17:20:17 GMT 2004

I've done a little more testing with this, and it does not prompt for
authentication if I open the document via HTML view.  I only get the
authentication request when opening via DAV.  Also, if I edit the
web.xml and use 'smbdav.NoLockManagerFactory' as the
'smbdav.LockManagerFactory', everything works fine, but the file is
opened read-only.

Note:  I have normally been using 'smbdav.SmbLockManagerFactory' for
locking support.

Perhaps the client starts a new session?

Thanks,

Mike