[jcifs] Problem with NTLM and multipart/form-data

Chris_Conner at Dell.com Chris_Conner at Dell.com
Wed Dec 1 22:28:56 GMT 2004

 The problem is described below:

   I am having problems with the way Internet Explorer(IE) is handling
forms submitted with content-type: multipart/form-data.  After a user
logs in using  NTLM(NT challenge/response (NTCR) scheme) via Internet
Explorer and submits any multipart/form-data forms, Internet Explorer
never sends any of the data to the web server. If the user logs in
manually(not using NTLM) then multipart/form-data form submits work
fine.(we get the data) We are using IE version 6 on windows 2000 and
windows 2003.  What do we have to do in order to get IE to send over
multipart/form-data data after IE has authenticated with our web server
via NTLM?

Anyone have any ideas?