[jcifs] Please Help Me!

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Aug 31 08:18:23 GMT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:36:27 +0800
"Aris Javier" <aristotle.javier at eazix.com> wrote:

>      <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
>      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>  </filter-mapping>
>

> but this error occured;

> java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
> jcifs.smb.SmbComSessionSetupAndX.writeBytesWireFormat(SmbComSessionSetup
> AndX.java:118)

Whooops. That's not supposed to happen. That code is:

 116   if( session.transport.server.security == SECURITY_USER &&
 117       ( auth.hashesExternal || auth.password.length() > 0 )) {
 118    System.arraycopy( accountPassword, 0, dst, dstIndex, passwordLength
);
 119    dstIndex += passwordLength;

Since this is the first time we're seing this I have to wonder what it
is about your setup that's different. What web broswer are you using? Is
there anything special about the server config? What is the host OS? I'm
thinking perhaps the client or server outside of jCIFS jurisdiction
is modifying the password hashes such that they are not what the above
code expects.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.