[jcifs] How to etablish a "null session" ?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Aug 31 01:16:12 GMT 2004

Fournaux Nicolas said:
> I just want to know if it is possible, with JCIFS, to etablish a "null
> session" to get the list of all username and all share of a workstation.

JCIFS uses a "null session" by default (I believe a null session is also
used if you use a URL like "smb://:@server/...". You can list shares that
do not have Unicode characters and are 12 characters or less. But listing
all shares and enumerating users requires RPC. We recently made a little
progress with RPC but the practical application of that work is still a
ways off. Try the jcifs-ext package. It might get you farther along.