[jcifs] Time of copy file

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Aug 27 19:33:34 GMT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:11:23PM -0500, PATRICK JOHNSON wrote:
> We are running 0.9.5
>
> It does not appear that transferring a larger file increases the KB/sec
> ratio.  I am sending a 95KB file that is taking quite some time.

Try a 1MB file.  :)

> What is the standard authentication negotiation?  I am not the programmer,
> just the end user.

Again, I'm guessing in the dark...

There are a variety of things that can happen.  Windows auth has changed a
lot over the years but backward compatibility was maintained, leading to a
very complex system.

Course, that may not be it at all.  It would be good to know what the
blocksize is set to in the code.  Are you using our example code or
something your programmer wrote?

Most of all, the real answer will be seen on the wire.  That would require
a packet capture.  [http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/capture.html]

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org