[jcifs] cifs and rap

carsten cad at halvotec.de
Wed Aug 11 13:54:16 GMT 2004

Hello,

I try to authenticate to a nt domain controller by using jcifs. After
authentication I want to get the groups of authenticated user by using jcifs-
ext and the rap extension of it. The domain controller will authenticate the
user, but when I try to get the user groups the domain controller will respond
with a result of 5, which means that the user has insufficient privilege. Which
privileges must be set at the domain controller to get access to the user
groups? Why does the authentication on the controller will succeed whereas the
netUserGetInfo request for the groups will fail?
Does a log-file exist on the domain controller, which logs such logon attemps
and where can I find it?

thanks in advance

Carsten