[jcifs] jCIFS breaks posts to ASP pages

Allistair Crossley Allistair.Crossley at QAS.com
Tue Apr 20 12:51:19 GMT 2004

Hi Eric

I'm using Tomcat 5 and just the NTLM filter. I only use jCIFS to be able to call request.getRemoteUser() and not to check passwords. If I can get this working then I would not need jcifs.

Cheers for your help, ADC

-----Original Message-----
From: eglass1 at comcast.net [mailto:eglass1 at comcast.net]
Sent: 20 April 2004 13:38
To: Allistair Crossley
Cc: jcifs at lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: [jcifs] jCIFS breaks posts to ASP pages

> Trouble is that as soon as I enable Integrated Auth I start getting prompts to
> login on my Java App which uses jCIFS although the ASP starts working with no
> prompts :(

You might try disabling Integrated Authentication for the jCIFS context, and
see if that works; the problem is that IIS will consume the NTLM message
before jCIFS gets it, and the challenge won't match up with the connection
jCIFS has negotiated.  IIS + jCIFS is fairly tricky to get working; people
have posted various issues.

What servlet container are you using?  Some allow you to employ IIS's
external authentication mechanism, in which case you don't even need jCIFS.

Eric

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055