[jcifs] Problem with DFS - including attachement :-)

Rolf Breuning Rolf.Breuning at t-online.de
Wed Apr 14 12:03:03 GMT 2004

Thanks you,

the version you provided indeed solved my problems with DFS.

BTW: For my own purposes I would like to create an abstract file class.
This should allow to use a common class "AbstractFile" (with 2
subclasses) to access both local ( file:// ) and SMB ( smb:// ) files.
It should have methods like:
    public abstract boolean exists() throws Exception;
    public abstract String getAbsolutePath() throws Exception;
    public abstract String getName() throws Exception;
    public abstract AbstractFile getChild( String path ) throws Exception;
    public abstract AbstractFile getParent() throws Exception;
    public abstract InputStream getInputStream() throws Exception ;
    public abstract long length() throws Exception;
    public abstract boolean isDirectory() throws Exception;
    public abstract boolean isFile() throws Exception;
    public abstract AbstractFile[] listFiles() throws Exception;

Is there already something out like that and I missed it ?

Or might this be a useful addition for the jcifs/util, in which case I
could send the result to you ?

Kind regards

  Rolf Breuning