[jcifs] NTLMv2 support

Laud, Amar alaud at rsasecurity.com
Sat Sep 27 03:04:10 EST 2003

Eric,

Thanks for your reply. It helped me understand the issue better. One
question related to LMv2 and pass through authentication. You mentioned that
LMv2 without NTLMv2 might work only in pass through authentication. We use
jCIFS to validate a user credentials against a domain server. It seems that
we won't be doing pass through authentication in such a scenario. So, we may
see issues authenticating users in such cases ?

Thanks.

Amar

Note : Chris, thanks for the reference link on the LMv2 and NTLMv2
difference.