[jcifs] [FW: Another transport problem.]

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sat Sep 13 04:59:42 EST 2003

Forwarded from Dan, who is in the midsts of an E'mail transition.

----- Forwarded message from Dan Dumont <fantom2000 at yahoo.com> -----

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:22:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dan Dumont <fantom2000 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Another transport problem.
To: "Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.mn.org>

<snip>remove stuff meant for me</snip>

Anyway,
I was digging through the code when i stubled
upon another issue that you may want to address in
your next patch.

jCIFS stores the tansports in a vector.  Thats
probably
not the best idea.  When talking to many different
hosts i found that the vector's size gets in excess of
600 transports.  I'm not sure how you would want to
handle this, but my temporary fix was to change the
Vector to a HashSet, and have the SmbFile.close()
remove it's transport as well.   This GREATLY improved
performance, as the method to get a transport(existing
or otherwise) is synchronized and ends up being VERY
costly.

Please forward this to the list.