[jcifs] Re: SMB Signing

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Sep 8 11:58:53 EST 2003

This looks good Eric. I was wondering how signing actually worked in
practice at the SMB level. This is very informative.

However, I think we should move most of this into SmbSession. For one,
it's not clear to me that initSigning() should be called more than once
for each session. We can add an SmbSession member to the
ServerMessageBlock class that get's set in
SmbSession.send()/sendTransaction() to 'this' session. That way we can
access the session from within SmbTransport through req.session and put
all session specific state there like the macSigningKey, signSequence,
etc. We could also put the sign and varify routines in there since the NPA
of interest is a member. We probably don't need the signingLock either.
Using multiple locks in the transport was the cause of that deadlock we
had.

Currently I'm looking closely at docs/todo and thinking about a 0.8
release. I'll present my objectives on the list in a day or so. I'll add
this to that.