[jcifs] NtlmPasswordAuthentication & domain

aspa at kronodoc.fi aspa at kronodoc.fi
Wed Oct 29 17:01:06 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 01:56, Michael B Allen wrote:
> Is 'server' a PDC?

yes, it is.

> What is ultimately the issue Aspa? If this is in regard to general
> security I don't believe there is anything to be concerned about. The user
> must supply a valid username and passord.

thanks for your explanations on this issue, Eric and Michael.

initially, i was just a bit confused (API wise) because the
NtlmPasswordAuthentication API takes a domain name parameter but it
doesn't seem to have any effect in my particular case. now, after
reading the background information on how Windows authentication works
the behaviour feels a lot more logical.

best regards,
--
	aspa