[jcifs] Set the modified date of a remote file.

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Oct 16 14:22:59 EST 2003

> Does anyone know how to set the modified date of a file located in a
> shared
> folder remotely using jcifs's API? Since I'd tried the write function in
> Jcifs's API, the file can be copied to the shared folder in another
> computer, but the modified date is the date that I did the "write".

CIFS provides for setting the date when you close a file. The copyTo
method utilizes this feature but apparently only Samba obeys this
timestamp. NT ignores it. Otherwise jCIFS 0.7 and below does not have a
setLastModified() method. That is scheduled for 0.8 which is in the oven
right now.

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.