[jcifs] Named Pipe

Bill Mortimer bmortimer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 16 10:53:13 EST 2003

Hello Samba,

I've been experimenting with your named-pipe implementation but
unfortunately I've run
into a problem that I haven't been able to debug. Hopefully you can help or
point me in
the right direction.

I'm trying to connect the creatnp and PipeTalk examples as follows:

C:\java\jcifs_0.7.14\examples\pipes>createnp.exe \\.\pipe\my_pipe

from PipeTalk main():
SmbNamedPipe pipe = new
SmbNamedPipe("smb://myId:myPw.@localhost/$IPC/my_pipe",
SmbNamedPipe.PIPE_TYPE_RDWR);

C:\java\jcifs_0.7.14\examples>java PipeTalk
Exception in thread "main" jcifs.smb.SmbException: Connection refused: connect
         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:655)
         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.negotiate(SmbTransport.java:867)
         at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:108)
         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect(SmbFile.java:580)
         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect0(SmbFile.java:550)
         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.open(SmbFile.java:607)
         at jcifs.smb.SmbFileInputStream.<init>(SmbFileInputStream.java:69)
         at
jcifs.smb.SmbNamedPipe.getNamedPipeInputStream(SmbNamedPipe.java:166)

         at PipeTalk.main(PipeTalk.java:33)

C:\java\jcifs_0.7.14\examples>

Any suggestions?

Thanks,