[jcifs] NtlmPasswordAuthentication class not serializable

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Oct 9 13:55:40 EST 2003

> I don't see any real issues in making the class serializable (although
> semantically it really isn't).  It would get rid of the errors you're
> seeing.  I'll do some testing, but it should be fairly harmless.

All of this really depends on what will happen when the NPA is
deserialized with incorrect password hashes. It really just needs to be
tested.

Greg,

If you change NPA to implement Serializable what happends after a session
is migrated?

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.