[jcifs] Connection refused: connect

JEAN Laurent vargnatt at noos.fr
Thu Oct 2 11:49:52 EST 2003

Hi,

I get the error message as noticed in the subject when I want to access a file on a remote PC. During my tests, I saw that it was not coming from the smb URL, nor the authentication, but from the fact that "netbios over TCP/IP" was disabled. When I enable it on the remote computer, it works, I can access the file.

What I am asking you is whether there is a way to leave Netbios over TCP/IP disabled ? Actually the remote machine will belong to a network I won't administrate, and because of security reasons, this option will have to remain disabled.

Thank you for your answer,

Regards,

Erlvinr