[jcifs] RE: jCIFS corrupt files

barry.roberts at xactsites.com barry.roberts at xactsites.com
Thu Oct 2 13:07:17 EST 2003

The reason I haven't suspected the servers (Samba 2.2.3a-12.3 and 2.0beta2 on Debian, 2.2.7-1.7.3 on RH 7.3) is because they haven't been re-started for months.  I have multiple app servers and only one at a time starts getting errors, and re-starting the app server fixes the problem.  Other app servers just keep working along without errors simultaneously.

But if jCIFS keeps a connection open to the samba server and something on the server side related to that connection is getting corrupted, that would explain the behavior.  Does jCIFS do that?  I looked for properties relating to that kind of thing, but all I found was for the naming connection, and AFAIK, that's different.  If jCIFS does keep the connection to the server open  are there api calls to force it to close and re-connect?  That would be something to try and faster than shutting down the app server and re-starting it.  Or properties to set would be fun to try, too.

Thanks,
Barry Roberts