[jcifs] NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter broken with Tomcat 5. 0.2?

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Thu May 29 09:03:35 EST 2003

	If an SMB session is not already established, one will be created when
	calling SmbSession.getChallenge( dc ); on line 104 of NtlmHttpFilter.java. So
	the answer is likely, yes, because this is called to retrieve the challenge for
	constructing a Type2Message.

	If so, is it possible that the exception is just the
	thread dying due to the client never coming back to respond to the challenge?

	If the transport is no longer used it should quitely close after
	jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout milliseconds which by default is 15000. In Marc's
	log the socket was being explicitly reset after 2 minutes. Perhaps that was
	just the server shutting down.