[jcifs] NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter broken with Tomcat 5. 0.2?

Eric eglass1 at attbi.com
Wed May 28 09:49:19 EST 2003

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) wrote:
> This is pretty strange. After getting the SMB_COM_NEGOTIATE response jCIFS blocks
> trying to read for about 2:04min and then the socket get's reset. If this were a new
> untested version of jCIFS I would be suspicous. However based on the test you
> performed I think it's much more likely to be a tomcat issue. Something is preventing
> jCIFS from transmitting the next message. Something to do with threads prehaps. I
> would try and find out what really changed in Tomcat because even if it's a problem in
> jCIFS it is pretty clear that it's linked to those changes.
>
> Mike

I've been meaning to look at the Tomcat 5 series for awhile; I'll take a
look and see if anything jumps out.  Tomcat 5.x is currently in Alpha;
it is an implementation of the as-yet-to-be-finalized Servlet 2.4/JSP
2.0 specifications, and is a fairly large scale refactoring of the 4.x
series.  My initial thoughts would be that this is probably an issue on
their side of the fence, but still kind of strange that it causes this
behavior.