[jcifs] jCIFS authentication stuff

eglass1 at attbi.com eglass1 at attbi.com
Wed May 14 02:25:24 EST 2003

Mike/All,

Attached is a jCIFS-based authentication framework I have been working on.
This decouples the NTLMSSP stuff from the HTTP (since NTLM is also used in
other MS implementations, such as POP/IMAP authentication to Exchange).  It
also contains a SPNEGO implementation, which is a good chunk of what is needed
for Kerberos authentication, as well as the JAAS login module which I posted a
while back.

Unfortunately, time constraints will be preventing me from doing much more with
this in the near future.  I was going to try and get the Kerberos
authentication stuff going for Davenport, but that would also require
substantial modifications to the jCIFS core, so I more or less gave up.
Hopefully someone will find at least some of this useful.

Rough notes are in "notes.txt"; an example of the NTLMSSP usage is
in "test.java".  You will need to make the following changes to jCIFS if you
want to compile this:

1. In jcifs.smb.NtlmPasswordAuthentication, make the getNTLMResponse and
getPreNTLMResponse methods public.

2. Make the jcifs.http.NtlmHttpServletRequest class public, as well as the
constructor.

Eric