[jcifs] Timestamp not appearing to change after writing file

Barry Roberts blroberts at xactware.com
Tue May 6 02:27:12 EST 2003

I have an application that was using mostly java.io.File's but is now using SmbFile's and SmbIn/OutputStreams.  The problem I'm seeing now is that the application writes out a file, then immediately checks the timestamp of the just-written file.  I have inserted code, to see what's going on, and after over-writing the old file, the new time stamp doesn't show up immediately.  By the time I can do an 'ls' on the Samba server, it's there, but the code always gets the lastModified time of the file it just overwrote, not something very close to the current time.

This was working over NFS mounts, but doesn't seem to work now with jCIFS to Samba on Linux.

Does anybody have any idea if there's some Samba setting or jCIFS tweak I could use to get this to work as it used to?

TIA,
Barry Roberts