[jcifs] Using JCIFS with JRun 4

Jason Bainbridge jason.bainbridge at bmssolutions.com
Thu Mar 27 18:06:19 EST 2003

Hi all,

We've just successfully made modifications to our Java Servlet application to
grab the domain and user information via NTLM using JCIFS with Tomcat 4.x, but
we also have clients that use JRun 4 and are having problems with getting it
working.

Everything loads okay, the server will start and when the server is in debug
mode you get the below message in the log:

27/03 14:37:51 debug Created filter [FilterObject name=NTLM HTTP
Authentication Filter class=jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter] mapped to /*

But when you try to access one of the servlets you get the standard "Cannot
find server or DNS error", I have tried changing the filter to a single
servlet and then the other servlets work fine but the one using the NTLM
filter still shows the error.

I am using Macromedia JRun 4 SP1 with Sun JRE 1.4.0 on Windows 2000 Server, is
there any diagnostics I can perform to try to debug this or can anyone offer
any advice? It's becoming quite urgent as we had assumed that as it worked
fine under the open source Tomcat that it would work under the commercial JRun
so quick responses would be much appreciated. :)

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge			|   Tel:        +61 8 9444 2777
Technical Support Consultant	|   Fax:        +61 8 9444 2477
webmaster at kde.org