[jcifs] Some questions about Windows vs Linux update

Glass, Eric eric.glass at capitalone.com
Wed Mar 26 02:50:38 EST 2003

Typically, IE is set to do silent NTLM on local intranet only ("Automatic
logon only in Intranet Zone").  I believe it will always do manual NTLM if
an IP address is specified rather than a hostname in this case, though I may
be mistaken.  You can try setting "Automatic logon with current username and
password" and see if that supresses the prompt.