[jcifs] 0.7.3 -- ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException with tomcat 4 .1.18 via is api_redirect.dll

Michael B.Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Mar 20 08:28:22 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:53:53 -0500
BLewis <blewis at eatonvance.com> wrote:

> I am not equipped for packet sniffing, but a quick dip into the source
> revealed that there's a jcifs.util.Log... thing done with the type 3 message
> just before the offending line.  If someone sends me a quick pointer to docs
> on turning on logging and where to look for the log, I can forward the
> supposed type3 message today.  Otherwise I'll dig through the docs tomorrow.

The quick and dirty method is to specify -Dlog=ALL on the VM command
line. But that will really cause a lot of output that will go to who
knows where with Tomcat.

If you look at the jcifs.util.Log API docs you can see you might do
something like:

jcifs.util.Log.setMask( jcifs.util.Log.WARNGINGS | jcifs.util.Log.EXCEPTIONS );
jcifs.util.Log.setPrintWriter( new FileOutputStream( "c:/temp/jcifs.log" );

But it will be somewhat difficult to decipher what is happening without
a packet capture. We really need a netmon capture. Or ethereal.

A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are
conceptually  similar and, more important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.