[jcifs] Thread deadlock

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Wed Mar 19 10:54:11 EST 2003

I don't think this is a deadlock. The JCIFS-WriterThread is waiting in the ready state while
JCIFS-SmbTransport is waiting for a response to some message (probably an
SMB_COM_READ_ANDX response). The client is just waiting for a response. It could be some
other kind of bug but I don't think it's a deadlock.

So you tried waiting for this to timeout and it hangs indefinately? How long did you wait? You
should get "Timeout waiting for response from server". If you don't then it's possible that it's just
getting dead air after sending a SYN packet but you should get "Connection timeout" after ~1
min 15 seconds. If it hangs indefinately it's probably some other kind of bug.

Also please let us know what your platform and JVM implementation is.

Mike