[jcifs] Support for DFS

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Sat Mar 15 07:18:23 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:28:17 -0000
"Everitt, Andrew" <Andrew.Everitt at gbr.xerox.com> wrote:

> I am using jCIFs to try and access a DFS (Distributed File System). When I
> do a listing I only get the items that are in the DFS folder on the DFS
> server and not any of the shares mapped into the DFS. I am using Windows

You know a lot of the things people ask for are usually pretty
trivial. It's literally a bunch of typing. You just find a command that's
remotely the same, copy the java file, change the {read,write}WireFormat
methods and add a public method or whatever necessary to expose the
operation in the public API. Unfortunately TRANS2_GET_DFS_REFERRAL is
not one of those commands. Coupled with the fact that we don't here a
lot of complaints about it, it will probably not be implemented in the
near future.

A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are
conceptually  similar and, more important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.