[jcifs] Socket Exception Regarding.

Vijayanarayanaswamy Karthikeyan vkarthik at singtel.com
Mon Mar 10 14:48:35 EST 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to use Ntlm Authentication method for my application. I tried with the NtlmHttpFilter first. I'm getting the following error.

exception reading from socket input: MYDOMAIN <1B>/10.20.2.8
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
        at jcifs.netbios.SessionServicePacket.readPacketType(SessionServicePacket.java:68)
        at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:73)
        at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:39)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:66)
        at java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(PushbackInputStream.java:120)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.run(SmbTransport.java:304)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

The above error is coming when I use the Win 98 clients. It works with NT workstation and 2000 professional .  I also tried installing all the critical patches for my browser from Microsoft.

WEB.xml
=======

    <!-- For production use a real domain controller and eliminate a middle-man server -->

<web-app>
	<filter>
	            <filter-name> NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter</filter-name>
                        <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

                        <init-param>
                                <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
                                <param-value>MYDOMAIN</param-value>
                        </init-param>

                        <init-param>
                                <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
                                <param-value>10.20.1.11</param-value>
                        </init-param>

                        <init-param>
                                <param-name>jcifs.netbios.laddr</param-name>
                                <param-value>10.19.33.6</param-value>
                        </init-param>

                        <init-param>
                           <param-name> jcifs.socket.timeout</param-name>
                           <param-value>30</param-value>
                        </init-param>

	</filter>
</web-app>

Does any body got any idea on this problem?.

Thanks for you help