[jcifs] java.lang.NullPointerException at jcifs.UniAddress.lo okupServerOr Workgroup

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Wed Jun 25 08:32:59 EST 2003

Please send all messages to the jCIFS mailing list.

	WINS resolution is perfromed entirely by jCIFS and should be unaffected by the
	host environment.

> Plus I'll go and edit the web.xml to use the domainController instead of
> wins ip.

	WINS is like a name server for netbios names like "EUROPE". The domain
	controller is the machine users authenticate against. They are not the same.
	WINS in this context is used to resolve the name of the domain controller to
	its ip.

	Ask your network administrator for instruction regarding the values of these
	properties.