[jcifs] Problem with NtlmServlet

eglass1 at attbi.com eglass1 at attbi.com
Fri Jun 13 21:31:06 EST 2003

> Thanks everyone (and especially Eric) for the help.  It looks like that did the
> trick.  Now I have to attempt the port my servlet to Domino.

No problem.  If I remember correctly, Domino R5 ships with an ungodly old
Servlet engine -- I believe it implements the Servlet API 2.0/2.1 or somewhere
thereabouts.  Some porting issues you will encounter (if this is the case)
include:

session.getAttribute()/setAttribute() used to be getValue()/putValue().
response.flushBuffer() wasn't there.

Neither of these is a big deal.  I think Domino R5 is an HTTP 1.1 server,
which is good; the NTLM stuff is highly flaky over HTTP 1.0 due to the lack of
reliable persistent connections.

Eric