[jcifs] Problem with NtlmServlet

dave mobley scprotz at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 13 06:47:28 EST 2003

I am trying to get a simple servlet to authenticate via ntlm.

I have tried to get the jcifs.http.NtlmServlet class to work (I am currently
using tomcat 4.1.18).  I can get the servlet to work if i use the
NtlmHttpFilter, but for some reason, if I subclase the NtlmServlet class, It
will not work (always returns 'null' logged in).

I have read through the source code, and the NtlmServlet and the
NtlmHttpFilter are nearly identical.  I am trying to get this to work
against a Win2k server (running active directory).

Has anyone gotten the NtlmServlet to work (and if so, could you send me a
sample working servlet or war file with a servlet?)

Thanks very much,

Dave Mobley
scprotz at hotmail.com