[jcifs] jCifs writing to Mailslots

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Tue Jun 10 15:35:21 EST 2003

Mmm, yeah. Unfortunately it's just API documentation which isn't that useful at this
point. Looking at a quick capture it appears as though there is no session setup or tree
connect at all. It's just an NBT session establishment message followed by a minimal
SMB the format of the actual payload is as trivial as described below. This would require
modifying the jcifs.smb files although it would not be difficult. The question is, why
would one want to use this? It's a neat trick but it's not reliable. Does W2K or XP still
support these messages?

Mike