[jcifs] 0.7.3 -- ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException with tomcat 4 .1.18 via is api_redirect.dll

Tony Cooke TCooke at elders.com.au
Fri Jul 25 14:32:50 EST 2003

Actually no.

I've been talking to Mike regarding this and it's just that I had a similar problem to this. Mike has fixed the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when I use the ISAPI redirector.

The problem is I the following when I access Tomcat directly:

NTLM HTTP Authentication Example
DOMAIN\TC00H successfully logged in <===== All OK here. Logged on OK.
Please submit some form data using POST

field1 = null

but when I access it via the ISAPI redirector DLL I get the following:

NTLM HTTP Authentication Example
successfully logged in <===== Errr... someone has logged in but I don't see who.
Please submit some form data using POST

field1 = null

Mike seems to think it's a web.xml config problem in Tomcat but I don't know what I'd need to change to make it right. I cannot supply a packet trace at this moment. I'm sure I could if I cannot find the solution.

Here is the web.xml file I'm using (in case you're interested :-):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
<web-app>
	<display-name>Test</display-name>
	<description>Testing Environment</description>

	<filter>
		<filter-name>NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter</filter-name>
		<filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

		<!-- For development, any SMB server is suitable for validating password hashes.
		<init-param>
			<param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
			<param-value>PDC</param-value>
		</init-param>
		-->
		<!-- For production use a real domain controller and eliminate a middle-man server -->
		<init-param>
			<param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
			<param-value>PDC</param-value>
		</init-param>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
			<param-value>PDC</param-value>
		</init-param>

	</filter>

	<!-- NTLM HTTP Authentication only works with MSIE -->
	<filter-mapping>
		<filter-name>NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter</filter-name>
		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
	</filter-mapping>

	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Sorry to be a hassle to you 2 guys.

Do you mind me asking where are you based? Both Mike and yourself got back to me fairly quickly and I'm based in Australia. If you US based that it'll be very late. Get some sleep for god sake!  :-)

All the best,
Tony