[jcifs] StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Jul 22 01:45:31 EST 2003

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 05:21:59AM -0400, Michael B Allen wrote:
> Chris quoted me in his book

With your kind permission...  :)

> saying:
> > email
> > From: Allen, Michael B
> > To: jcifs at samba.org
> >
> > I think I just made it up. I found 0xFFFF would result in errors. I
> > never really investigated why.

I really liked that because it reflects so well the attitude that people
must have if they're working on CIFS.  If you let this stuff get to you,
you'll go crazy.  I've seen it happen--it's not pretty (but it is kinda
funny to watch, in a three stooges sort of way).  If you're going to work
on this stuff, you need to cultivate that wise old guru sense of blissfull
acceptance and karmic destiny.  Lots of tea helps too.

> Incedentally this is why...
>
> >From CHANGES.txt jcifs-0.7.10 released:
>
> ...Second, the list() and listFiles() did not properly handle Transaction
> buffering with certain values for the listSize and listCount properties
> (if  multipart transaction responses are send).

Interesting.  That sounds like a jCIFS-side thing, though.  Hmmm...  I
really need more time to study the code.  I'm getting rusty.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org