[jcifs] listFiles(String wildcard) method

Luke John Nuttall luke.nuttall at student.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jul 21 23:40:49 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

I've just started using jcifs and have across a problem using
listFiles(wildcard). When I use this method it will only return files within
one directory level of a server name. This doesn't happen with just
listFiles() however, and I can't figure out why as it's just calling
listFiles("*").
An example. Using listFiles() and then toString() on the returned array I get
smb://SERVER_NAME/DIRECTORY1/FILE1.JPG
and
smb://SERVER_NAME/DIRECTORY1/DIRECTORY2/FILE2.jpg

but when I used listFiles("*jpg") and the toString() I only get
smb://SERVER_NAME/DIRECTORY1/FILE1.JPG

Is this a bug or the behaviour expected of a cifs server?

Thanks
Luke
--
I will eat your children.