[jcifs] How long is a NtlmPasswordAuthentication object valid?

Finkenzeller, Stefan Stefan.Finkenzeller at blb.de
Thu Jul 17 00:02:39 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm using the NtlmServlet to authenticate users in a Master-Domain-Windows
NT environment and it works great. But I've one question for understanding.
If the NtlmServlet authenticates a user it stores the
NtlmPasswordAuthentication object (with the unicode Hash of the user) in the
servlet session and the servlet can create a valid SmbSession with this
security token.

How long is this object valid to authenticate the user again, or in other
words how long will accept the domain controller his challenge?

BTW: Thanks for jCIFS. Great job.

Best regards,
Stefan Finkenzeller