[jcifs] Why would auth work on one server and not on another?

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Thu Jul 10 15:14:18 EST 2003

For some reason you're captures are only of traffic going from the
server to the client. Do not specify a filter unless you have a large
volume of other traffic. Or use a filter like:

  port 137 || port 139 || port 8080

buf use whatever port your servlet is running on instead of 8080.

Also, if you're using credentials that are meaningful you might
want to send the captures to me only.

Finally, I assume that you're using the very latest Mozilla that
supposedly has NTLM HTTP authentication capability? I've never
actually seen that work incedentally...

Mike