[jcifs] Creating file with hash ('#') in filename

Caldarale, Charles R Chuck.Caldarale at UNISYS.com
Fri Jan 17 00:22:02 EST 2003

> From: Allen, Michael B (RSCH) [mailto:Michael_B_Allen at ml.com]
> Subject: RE: [jcifs] Creating file with hash ('#') in filename
>
> I very rarely see a UNC path in an e-mail.

Well, in our corporate environment, with file servers scattered all over the
world, usage of UNC names in e-mail messages and other documents is very
common. All of our systems, including the 36- and 48-bit mainframes we build
and sell, have CIFS servers on them, and most have CIFS clients of one form
or another.

 - Chuck

P.S. Do you guys ever sleep?