[jcifs] Accessing a local file using SmbFile

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Feb 27 06:17:36 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:02:12PM +0800, Agnes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks of your prompt help!
>
> I've got the code part already.
>
> >	Is your NT domain really 'testdomain.com.sg'? Also you do not
> >	specify a share
> >	which will definately be a problem but it should not give you
> >	"Connection refused".
>

> As for the domain setting and share, it's the domain of my AIX machine,
> and I don't think it's on an NT domain.  Also, how to specify a share on
> AIX without having to install Samba?

DNS domains and NT Domains are two very different things.  The NT Domain
is an "authentication domain" and is defined by the existence of a Domain
Controller (an authentication server).

As for specifying a share on AIX without installing Samba... You don't.
The Share concept is part of the SMB protocol, so you would need an SMB
server (eg. Samba) if you wanted to access a local "share".  On the other
hand, you can just use normal Java file I/O to access local files.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org