[jcifs] threading

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Feb 20 06:58:45 EST 2003

Based on a little more information, it *may* be that there is a DNS lookup
going on.  I'm not sure.

Some of the Java implementations I've seen use the native gethostbyxxx()
functions (or whatever is equivalent on the platform) which block.  A
blocking system call will cause the entire Java process to block.

This is a rare problem now-a-days.  Most implementors have learned to
avoid it.  Still, it's worth checking.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org